Excessive sweating on the face or hyperhidrosis of the face is very frequently seen in people and the condition can be exceedingly embarrassing. All of us sweat when the atmospheric temperature is high or we do rigorous physical activity. Sweating is your body’s natural mechanism to help regulate the body temperature.
Sweat glands are present all over the body and they carry out this function. On the other hand, when the sweat glands are overactive, the condition is known as hyperhidrosis.
The face will look patchy and wet at all times. You cannot wear any makeup and some people are even known to avoid parties and social events altogether. These people always have a napkin in their hand. Given the condition, some of them have a very low self-esteem.
What Causes Excessive Sweating On Face?
The precise cause for hyperhidrosis of the face is not really understood. The etiological factors are still ambiguous. A host of etiological factors have been postulated and they tend to differ from individual to individual.
Usually, the cause is genetics. If you are to assess the pathophysiology of facial hyperhidrosis, then it is because of the malfunctioning of the sympathetic nervous system, which sets off too much sweating.
Natural Remedies For Excessive Facial Sweating
Confer with your health care provider / dermatologist regarding the likely cause and possible treatment options for you. Do not neglect the condition. There are host of treatment options that help you deal with the condition successfully.
- Experts recommend using creams containing aluminum chloride as they help handle the excessive sweating. These are usually very beneficial; in case these fail, there are anti-cholinergic drugs which subdue the activity of the sympathetic nervous system and hence help reduce the sweating.
- If the facial sweating is due to undue anxiety, then your health care provider may prescribe you anti-anxiety medications.
- Experts and naturopaths advise roasted whole green gram as a very effective natural remedy for hyperhidrosis. Take about 2 to 4 spoons of green gram and grind to a fine powder. Mix the powdered green gram with un-boiled milk and make a smooth paste. Apply the paste all over the face; leave on for 10 minutes, then rinse off. Make sure you follow this regimen everyday at least for a month. Green gram absorbs extra moisture from the skin and battles excessive facial sweating effectively. However, ensure that you are regular with the regimen.
- Cucumber is another effective home remedy. Blend a cucumber and apply the juice all over the face. Once it dries off, rinse and pat dry. Follow this technique daily for optimal results.
- Vitamin C rich fruits have been found to be very effective in dealing with hyperhidrosis too. Make sure that you have at least 1 to 2 servings of vitamin C loaded fruits on a daily basis. Incorporate plenty of limes, lemons, oranges, sweet limes, bell peppers, guavas and berries in to your everyday menu. Also rubbing lime juice over the face has been found to be quite helpful in reducing the amount of sweating. You could also confer with your health care provider and start a vitamin C supplement.
In really extreme cases, your health care provider may advise surgical intervention; discuss your options and possible risks about the surgery.