The term fibroid may be scary for many women as it pertains to a tumor. But, not all tumors are cancerous. Fibroid is one such non cancerous growth in the uterus, which may or may not be painful. There may be several reasons contributing for the growth of fibroid mass. Most often it believed to be due to over production of estrogen hormones.
A fibroid mostly consists of fibrous tissue and fat cells. And for these reason the principle natural home remedy is to reduce the weight by following a healthy dietary regimen, and regular exercise schedule. Together with healthy diet and exercise, many nature cure practitioners insist on cleansing the body internally with detox methods. According to them the deep seated toxins of long duration, especially in the liver which the body may be unable to eliminate under normal circumstances, may be responsible for conditions like fibroid and other female reproductive problems.
Uterine fibroids are common among women in their reproductive years. They are more prevalent between the age of 30 and 45.
Since fibroid is not too dangerous, many women have the flexibility for opting various conservative approach. They may try safe and effective home remedies for fibroid before resorting to surgical removal.
Home Remedies For Fibroid Tumors Cure
- Reduce your weight if you are overweight.
- Exercise regularly. A brisk walk for 40 minutes or aerobics is sufficient.
- Eat foods that are rich in phytoestrogens. They help in balancing the estrogen level, which is supposed to be a reason for accelerating the growth as well as its formation. Lentils, alfalfa, flaxseeds, soy beans, tofu, garlic, onions, peanut, sesame seed watermelon, olive oil, sunflower seeds, bok choy, carrots, potatoes, zucchini etc. are good source of phytoestrogens.
- Include fibers in your diet. It helps to reduce your weight. Green leafy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, oats, are good source of fibers. They are simple remedies useful in curing fibroids.
- To reduce pain, sit in a tub filled with warm water for few minutes.
- Drink water in adequate quantity. Water acts as a detoxifying agent for flushing out the toxins.
- Avoid taking birth control pills.
- Eat organically prepared fruit and vegetables. Since herbicides and pesticides used on crops may contain products that are harmful.
Herbal Treatment For Fibroids In Uterus
Herbs are also useful for treating fibroids:
- Milk thistle is a well known drug used for treating uterine fibroids. It strengthens the liver. It helps the liver to metabolize the estrogen. The compound silymarin is present in milk thistle. It is known to repair the liver and initiate the detoxification process in the liver, thus reducing fibroid.
- Vitex or chasteberry is an effective herb for treating many reproductive problems of female. Take 20 drops of Vitex tincture in a glass of water two times in a day. It often shrinks small fibroids within few months.
- Black cohosh is another herb useful for treating fibroid. It contains plant estrogen which balances the estrogen present in the body and reduces its activity.