What Are Freckles
Freckles are dark spots on the skin caused by the presence of more melanin than in surrounding areas. This skin condition can be found in a lot of people, no matter what genetic background they have. Still, the problem is much more pronounced in people with fair skin, especially those of the Caucasian race.
The problem with freckles is that these are often found on the face, making many people who have them rather self-conscious about their appearance. Freckles also occur in other parts of the body, especially those exposed to sun such as the shoulders.
The good news is that freckles tend to fade with age, with children before the age of puberty being the ones with the highest percentage of likelihood to have freckles.
How to Get Rid of Freckles Using Home Remedies
Getting rid of freckles is something a lot of people who have this skin problem want to do. In fact, a lot of individuals will readily spend huge amounts of money to do just that. Well, for individuals who do not have money to spend on expensive freckle removal procedures, they might want to try some of these home remedies that may just work for them:
- To help reduce the incidence and darkening of freckles naturally; one can use a remedy that is made of horseradish vinegar and oatmeal.
- The patient can also try and use fresh horseradish juice for this purpose.
- Sugar mixed with lemon juice is also a good home remedy for freckles. Simply dissolve some sugar in some fresh lemon juice and apply over the freckled skin with the use of a soft sponge or a face brush.
- Honey and wheat germ, mixed together to form a paste, are also a good way to help reduce the incidence of freckles on the skin. Use warm honey for this natural treatment.
- Sour milk or sour cream can also help get rid of freckles. Wash face with any of these two dairy products and let sit for a few minutes before rinsing off.
- Apply fresh lemon juice on the spots to help them fade away.
- Mix together cream, lemon juice, orange juice, parsley juice, and red currant juice. Dab this mixture unto the freckles.
- Grind yellow custard and add it to milk. Mix thoroughly and apply on the freckled areas. Leave on overnight. Rinse in the morning.