Freckles are a collection of concentrated melanin which is more apparent on individuals having a light complexion. Those who have freckles, do not have an increased number of melanocytes, i.e. melanin synthesizing cells, however, they have cells which over synthesize the melanin granules, thus altering the coloration of the skin.
What Causes Freckles On Forehead?
Freckles develop as a consequence to a blend of having a genetic tendency and an undue sun exposure.
Individuals having a dark complexion are comparatively less sensitive to sun exposure than fair-skinned individuals. Freckling occurs due to the uneven distribution of the melanin pigment in the skin. A freckle is actually a remarkably heavy deposit of melanin at one spot in your skin.
Natural Remedies For Getting Rid Of Freckles On Forehead
There are a host of safe and effective techniques to help lighten and decrease the appearance of freckles.
- Bleaching or fading creams are recommended by dermatologists. Products which contain hydroquinone and kojic acid are known to be beneficial in lightening the freckles. These products help fade away the freckles if applied steadily for 2 to 3 months. Along with the bleaching cream you need to stay away from the sun and use adequate UV protection. Discuss with your healthcare provider / dermatologist and start treatment.
- Retinoids: Tretinoin is known to lighten freckles when applied with consistency for 2 to 3 months. Confer with your health care provider before embarking up on treatment.
- Laser therapy: This decreases the appearance of freckles safely and effectively. It is a simple and safe procedure with a high success rate.
- Cryosurgery: A light freeze with liquid nitrogen is used in some cases to deal with freckles.
- Photo-facials: Light treatments are also increasingly being used to get rid of freckles. This is not a true laser but an intense light source.
- Chemical peels: These also help freckles to fade away and improve irregular pigmentation of your skin.
- Lemon: It is by far the most effective home remedy for freckles. What’s more, it is absolutely natural and safe. Squeeze the juice of a lemon in a bowl; add a little bit of salt or sugar and very gently scrub the forehead. In case it stings you, add a little bit of water. Follow this ritual daily. Lemon will naturally bleach the freckles.
- Sour cream: Sour cream is highly recommended too. Massage the sour cream all over the forehead and leave on for an hour daily.
- Honey: The natural enzymes in honey are known to make freckles fade away successfully. Apply generous amounts of honey all over the affected area, 2 to 5 times every day.
- Papaya: Papaya has papain which is known to lighten and brighten the skin. Massage the pulp of a papaya in to your skin.
- Along with these treatments it is also advised that you consume plenty of fresh fruits – berries, mangoes, papayas, apples and guavas.