Fungal infection can affect many parts of the body and foot is no exception. Foot fungus is of two types; the one which affects the nail is called onychmycosis, and of the foot skin, commonly known as athletes foot (tines pedis).
When the dead skin cells get accumulated on the skin surface, fungus gets a chance to grow.
Symptoms Of Foot Fungus
- Flaky skin and itching in between the toes and on the corner of the toenails.
- Peeling of skin between the toes and on the soles of the foot.
- Intolerable itching in the foot and between the toes.
- Cracked skin.
- Discoloration of the nails.
- Disfigured toe nails.
- Cracked toe nails.
- Brittle nails.
- Pain and redness of the affected foot.
Natural Foot Fungus Treatment
Though the time taken for treating foot fungus is very long, it can be brought under control with various natural foot fungus treatments.
- Ensure that your foot is always dry and clean, especially when you come out of swimming pool or after a workout at gym.
- Wear cotton socks and sprinkle antiseptic talcum powder on your foot to prevent dampness in that area.
- Daily while taking bath, soak your foot in a tub of warm water containing a tablespoon of common salt. Salt helps to kill the microbes that may be present on the corners of the nails and between the toes.
- Apple cider vinegar is another natural foot fungus treatment. Add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a bucket of water. Now wash your foot with this water at night before going to bed regularly. Make sure that you dry your foot after this procedure with a dry towel.
Athletes Foot Home Remedy
- Take equal proportion of tea tree oil and lavender oil. Now dab the area between your toes with this solution. You can also apply it on your nails where the infection is present. Both the oils are known to have natural antibacterial and anti fungal properties.
- Wear well ventilated foot wear when you are suffering from foot fungus. Air allows the accumulated sweat to easily dry out.
- Toenails and clippers which are commonly shared by the family member should be properly disinfected before using it.
- Wear thongs or shower sandals in public pools.
- Do not wear wet socks and give one day for the shoes to get dry before wearing it for the next time.