The botanical name for garlic is Allium Sativum. It belongs to the same family of onions, shallot, leek, and chive.
Garlic is used around the world in culinary dishes as a seasoning or condiment. It also has medicinal properties; it is often used by naturopaths as an herbal medicine.
Unfortunately, though rare some people can have garlic allergy.
These patients show positive test for diallyl disulfide, allypropyldisulpfide, allicin, they all are present in garlic.
Symptoms Of Garlic Allergy Or Intolerance
The immune system of a person mistakenly identifies protein present in garlic as harmful, in the event it releases histamines and other chemical substances to protect the body. This results in an allergic reaction with various symptoms.
- Skin rash is one of the most common allergy symptoms of garlic after its consumption. The rash can also result from the touch of garlic drop or garlic paste on the skin, in a person allergic to garlic.
- Hives, skin itching are other symptoms of garlic allergy.
- Running nose.
- Bloating of abdomen.
Natural Remedy For Garlic Allergy Symptoms
- Avoid garlic in your food.
- Believers in nature therapy advocate to detoxify your body with a one day juice cleanse every three months. This garlic allergy home remedy is suitable if the symptoms are mild.
- Bromelin and quercitin are herbal supplements advocated by nature cure therapist if a person has garlic allergy. It is important for a person to consult a doctor before taking these herbs.
- The bioflavonoids present in vitamin C might be effective in garlic allergy symptoms.
In modern medicine, anti histamine are used to treat garlic allergy by physicians. You should consult a physician before taking any medicine.