There are a number of gastric problems affecting million of people all over the world. These gastric problems range from simple to severe. Still, most of these gastric problems are not really life threatening but mostly a little bit annoying, distracting, and sometimes embarrassing.
Gastric Problem Symptoms
The symptoms of gastric problems will depend upon what particular problem the patient is experiencing.
- Pain. This could range from dull pain to sharp, stabbing pain.
- Heartburn. Sometimes the patient may think he/she is having a heart attack because heartburn also causes stabbing pains at the chest area. Still, this is really not the case and the heartburn often shows symptoms like acid reflux, indigestion, and bad taste in the mouth.
- Flatulence. This is when the patient is having too much gas.
- Bloating. The patient may feel there is an increased pressure in the abdomen.
- Distended stomach. This is different from bloating in that there is really a change in the size and appearance of the stomach, not just a feeling of it swelling up.
- Skin changes. Depending on the problem encountered, skin changes could range from having sallow skin to yellowed, jaundiced skin.
- Unexplained weight loss. This could occur even when the patient is eating the right amount of foods.
- Bowel changes. Sometimes, the patient may experience constipation or diarrhea due to the gastric problems.
- Indigestion. This is caused by eating too fast or too much.
- Tumors. The tumors can block the passages and cause bleeding.
- Ulcers. These cause stomach pain.
Home Remedies for Gastric Problem
- Again, the remedies for gastric problems will also depend on what particular problem should be addressed.
- Still, a change in diet could be a necessary step in finding long term relief from gastric problems. Foods rich in oils and fats should be avoided while those rich in soluble fiber should be increased.
- It is also a good idea to try various remedies known to solve gastric problems.
- For instance, a tea made from ginger and chamomile can reduce gas and flatulence.
- Also, oils from eucalyptus can be rubbed on the abdominal area to reduce gas.
Yoga for Gastric Problem
- As a wellness regime, yoga can be used to treat gastric problems.
- Depending on the skill level of the patient, certain asana positions can be done to address some gastric problems.