It is the common advice from all sides: brushing at least twice a day will keep gingivitis at bay. However, added to this piece of advice should be that one should rather use herbal toothpaste instead of commercial ones. Moreover, when brushing, one has to use toothbrush with soft bristles in order to avoid wounding the gums that causes bleeding.
Aside from this, the following are the other home remedies for gingivitis:
- Tub clove oil on the affected gums. This may cause quite a pain from the burning sensation the oil produces, but it is good in healing gingivitis. If one cannot withstand the pain of applying clove oil, one may choose to chew clove instead.
- Prepare a mouthwash by mixing peppermint oil, menthol, sage oil, and chamomile tincture. This soothing mouthwash is known to be very effective in treating gingivitis.
- Take plenty of cranberry juice as this is known to provide the body with the sufficient nutrients that will boost its chances in combating gingivitis. However, when drinking the juice, make sure that it is not sweetened by sugar.
- In order to neutralize the acidic reaction brought about by the bacteria, prepare a paste by mixing baking soda and water. With the aid of one finger, dab it on the affected part and leave it for a few minutes.
- If there is an available aloe vera, extract the gel-like substance and then dab over the affected part. Aloe vera is known for its efficiency in combating gingivitis.