Gout is seen as a severe and sudden episode of pain and inflammation in the affected joint. It is a complex form of arthritis that is known to afflict men more than women. Fortunately, the condition is treatable, and there are several ways to diminish the risk of recurrences.
Causes And Symptoms Of Gout In Elbow
Gout occurs when there is a buildup of urate crystals in the elbow joint, setting off inflammation, swelling and severe pain.
The body synthesizes uric acid when it breaks down purines (occurring naturally in the body, as well as in specific foods). Typically, uric acid dissolves in the blood and passes out through the urine. Occasionally, the body synthesizes large amounts of uric acid or the kidneys eliminate too little. Consequently, there is an accumulation of uric acid, and these result in the formation of urate crystals in the elbow or the adjacent tissue triggering inflammation and pain in the joint.
Gout In Elbow Symptoms
- There will be severe pain in the elbow. The pain is likely to excruciating in the first 10 hours and then it starts decreasing.
- After the excruciating pain, there will be some degree of joint discomfort which may last for a few weeks.
- The elbow gets swollen, red, inflamed, warm and tender.
- The range of movement of the elbow reduces.
Natural Cures For Gout In Elbow
The following home remedies and guidelines help to deal with the pain of gout and also help to ward off attacks in future:
- Vitamin C: Foods rich in vitamin C as well as vitamin C supplements help reduce the level of uric acid in the blood. Step up your intake of limes, lemons, oranges, cherries, berries, bell peppers and mangoes.
- Cherries: Have been linked to low levels of uric acid as well as a decreased frequency of attacks. Make sure you consume a bowl of cherries daily; even drinking cherry extract is good for gout treatment; however, do confer with your doctor.
- Cut down on alcoholic beverages; also consume loads of fluids – fresh fruit and vegetable juices, lime water, coconut water, broths, soups and especially water.
- Restrict your consumption of foods high in purines – seafood, red meat, and organ meats.
- Maintaining a healthy weight reduces your risk of gout. Exercise at least thrice a week.
- Studies and clinical trials have found a link between coffee drinking and a lower uric acid level, though no study has yet revealed how or why coffee has such an effect on the level of uric acid in the blood.
Homeopathic Remedies For Gout Pain
Homeopathy too yields excellent results in the management of gout. Homeopathy drugs allay the pain promptly, decrease the swelling and inflammation appreciably and improve the movement of the elbow considerably.
What’s more, homeopathy promises to put an end to your tendency to gouty attacks; consequently, you will have fewer and less painful episodes of gout.
Discuss with a homeopath as well as your health care provider before staring any medication; nonetheless, these medicines will proffer immense relief – Arnica Montana, Belladonna, Lycopodium and Ruta Graveolens.
Experts also recommend relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing exercises, Pranayama and meditation; these may help take your mind off the agonizing pain.