Gout Prevention Measures:
Prevention of gout is a major focus for most people dreading the effects it would have on their health. In this manner, one will also be able to avoid the stingy pain that is associated with joint. The following are the best means to prevent gout:
- Reduce the intake of alcoholic beverages especially those that contain grain fibers such as beer.
- Refrain from eating foods that have high purine content such as the intestine and other internal organs of some animals such as pig and cow.
- Limit intake of certain sea foods like crab and lobster as these can spike up one’s uric acid level.
- Make sure that the body gets a sufficient share of fruit and vegetable fibers as these are proven to be effective sweepers of the system, eliminating any harmful agents in the body.
- Drink milk regularly or consume cheese. Dairy products are known to be good in combating gout because it is effective in reducing the purine level in the body.
- Limit the intake of carbonated beverages as over consumption of these drinks can cause to the development of gout.