Aside from medical treatments like taking in analgesics, relief for headaches can also be found in natural remedies that can be done at home. Here are some of them that you can try out:
- There are many ways that lemon can be used to treat headaches. One of these is by squeezing the juice of three to four slices of lemon into your tea before drinking it.
- Another is applying the yellow rind of a lemon that has been freshly pared to each temple. Forming a paste out of lemon crusts before applying them as a plaster to the head could also provide relief.
- Headaches caused by the heat of the sun can be easily cured using henna flowers rubbed in vinegar and applied on the forehead.
- Eating apples with a little salt on an empty stomach every morning for one week is very helpful in treating all types of headaches.
- Cinnamon mixed with water and made into a paste is very good to cure headache due to exposure to the cold. This should be applied to the forehead and the temples for relief.
- Rosemary has been proven to be very effective in relieving headache. Just boil a handful of rosemary in a liter of water and then place it in a mug before inhaling its steam. Be sure to cover your head with a towel before inhaling.
Also see Head Hurts When I Cough