The most common condition that a person may have suffered at least once in his lifetime is stuffy head and nose. Stuffy head is the result of common cold that is caused due to virus infection or due to an allergy to dust. Stuffy head is the complication of cold where you feel dull headache that makes you restless.
Headache due to cold is also referred to as head cold. Cold and running nose is the consequence of flu or dust allergens.
Stuffy Head Symptoms
- Heaviness in front part of the head.
- The pain felt may be dull and aching.
- Nasal blockage.
- The face and frontal region of the head is tender to touch.
- Running nose.
- Mucus discharge from the nose is thick.
- Mucus discharge can be watery in early stage of cold.
- Color of nasal mucus is green or yellow.
- Post nasal discharge present.
- Pain in eye sockets.
- Watering of eyes.
- Redness of eyes accompanying stuffy head and cold.
- Stuffy head pain worse in the morning, while leaning forward or bending backwards.
- Lethargy and tiredness.
- Mild fever accompanying stuffy head.
- Body ache.
Stuffy Head Relief
The first symptom of cold may be stuffiness in the nose, but later on there is a feeling of stuffy head due to close proximity of nose and the head.
- The time tested therapy for relief of stuffy head is steam inhalation. All you have to do is boil water in a pot, remove it from the stove. Now bend over the pot and inhale the steam covering your head with a towel. This will liquefy thick mucus in the nasal passage and the sinuses and help it to drain easily through the nose. This will bring relief in stuffy head and nose.
- Drink lots of fluid, it helps to fight congestion in nose and head.
- Hot soups especially chicken soup and chicken broth are useful in relieving congestion in the nose and effectively treating stuffy head.
- Eating spicy foods clears the nose and expels the mucus. As a result the nose and head feels relieved from stuffiness.
- Onion is old home remedy for stuffy head and nose. It can be inhaled or consumed internally. Onion acts as a decongestant and expels the mucus.