High Blood Cholesterol Diet:
The following are the foods that one should take when experiencing high blood cholesterol level:
- Eat a lot of fruits. The fresher, the better. One may also consume canned fruit slices, but make sure that they do not have added sugar.
- Consume bread made from whole wheat.
- Take a lot of vegetables. The closer the vegetable is to the source, the better because freshness is key in getting the proper nutrition from them.
- When drinking milk, choose the fat-free variant.
- Drink a lot of water or lemonade. This is good in melting cholesterol in the body.
- When cooking, use vegetable oil instead of regular cooking oil.
- Eat lots of yogurt products, especially low-fat variants.
- Consume plenty of eggs, particularly egg whites.
- When eating fish, tuna and other deep-sea fishes are the best foods because they are rich in omega 3.
- When using peanut butter, make sure that it has a reduced fat content.
- Remove the skin from chicken and turkey and other fowl meat.
- Lean or ground beef will also be good.
- Instead of rice and other foods rich in carbohydrates, one may instead opt to settle on oat meal to lower blood cholesterol level.
Also read about Low Cholesterol Diet