High Blood Pressure Diet:
The following are the dietary considerations for those who have high blood pressure:
- Reduce salt intake. A reduced salt intake also reduces high blood pressure.
- Eat a lot of potassium. One of the best sources for potassium is banana. Potassium is critical to the body because it helps in balancing the water content of the body.
- Increase the intake of calcium. The best source for it is milk and fresh fruits. Recent studies suggest that there is a strong correlation between the incidence of high blood pressure and low calcium intake..
- Refrain from drinking carbonated drinks as well as beverages that are rich in caffeine. These drinks help to increase the likelihood of having high blood pressure.
- Drink a lot of fresh fruit juices. This is vital in providing the body the essential nutrients that is vital to good blood circulation.
- Increase the intake of sea foods such as fish and shells;
- Drink a lot of water. This will help to dilute the blood, allowing it to pass freely and easily through the veins.
- Consume a lot of milk and other dairy products. These foods are good sources of calcium that is vital in blood production.