Hyperacidity and Heartburn Remedies:
The most important step that one has to take in order to treat hyperacidity and heartburn is to make lifestyle changes. Specifically, one should learn to avoid food and activities that cause them. Here, it is vital to keep a record as to the kinds of food as well as the activities that are likely to cause them.
The following are some of the effective natural cures for hyperacidity and heartburn:
- Eat bananas, watermelon, papaya, or cucumber. These foods are rich in liquid content and are easy to digest. As such, they do not require an increase in the production of digestive juices.
- Regularly consume diluted buttermilk with a pinch of powdered pepper.
- Consume fresh pineapple fruit or drink fresh pineapple juice. Pineapple will help in the digestive process, thereby relieving the stomach from producing large quantities of digestive juices and diminish the incidence of heartburn and hyperacidity.
- Drink chilled fat-free milk every few hours. This is best in neutralizing stomach acids that causes hyperacidity and heartburn.
- Drink lemon juice before meals.