Hyperacidity and Heartburn Prevention Measures:
The following tips will help prevent hyperacidity and heartburn.
- Limit the intake of spicy foods. This is because such foods trigger the release of stomach acids that may later cause hyperacidity and heartburn.
- Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables that have high water content, as these foods are easy to digest, thereby causing less strain on the stomach in digesting them.
- Small frequent feeding. Eating small meals instead of one big meal will also help a lot because of the ease for the stomach when it comes to digesting them.
- Sleep with the head raised by some 6 inches over the chest area. Sleeping with an elevated head will help in keeping gastric juices in the stomach and prevent them from going up the esophagus.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes. This is because such clothes restrict the activities in the stomach and may even encourage gastric juices to go up the esophagus.
- Avoid carbonated beverages as well as those that are rich in caffeine such as coffee. Such drinks can likewise trigger the release of gastric acids that will result to hyperacidity and heartburn.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol consumption.