Influenza or flu or grippe is cause by a virus afflicting the upper respiratory system. There are 2 categories of influenza; type A and type B. There are vaccines for the infection, but, given that there are numerous viruses that cause flu, and they keep mutating continuously, prevention is slightly difficult.
The symptoms seen are: cold, cough, body ache, sore throat, fatigue, fever, headaches, nausea, vomiting, and poor appetite.
Flu And Flu Symptoms Home Remedies
- Vitamin C: Take Vitamin C to boost immune system and increase the number of white blood cells.
- Zinc: Zinc lozenges, it boosts the immune system as soon the symptoms develop.
- Colloidal silver: Colloidal silver kills viruses.
- Garlic: garlic is the most potent infection fighter. It helps battle the most stubborn and obstinate of infections. It kills the influenza virus and treats the symptoms effectively.
- Herbal tea: blend together, 1 teaspoon of grated ginger root, ½ teaspoon of cayenne powder and a cup of water.
- Rest: flu spreads at the slightest of contact; hence, you should stay at home until you have completely recovered. Rest reduces the duration of the illness and prevents complications.
- Fluids: drink plenty of water. 2 liters per day is recommended. In addition have lots of liquids like broth, barley water, juices and soups. It keeps you well hydrated and strengthens you too.
- Use a humidifier: this decreases the discomfort caused due to a dry nasal passage and sore throat.
- Keep your room well ventilated: make sure that the room has ample fresh air. A stuffy room aggravates the condition.
Natural Treatment For Flu Virus And Flu Body Ache
- Steam: boil water is a big bowl; add ginger pieces, coves and cinnamon sticks. Cover the head with a towel and inhale the vapors for 5 to 10 minutes, thrice daily. You cold also add a few drops of eucalyptus oil and inhale those vapors.
- Warm shower: a warm shower is decidedly effective. It opens up the airways and moistens and the mucus.
- Moist heat compresses: moist heat compresses help allay pains. Boil water, add tea tree oil. Dip a cloth in this and apply the compress to your forehead, temples, back and legs. It eases pain promptly.
- Honey and lime: mix together 1 spoon of honey with juice of 1 lime. It fortifies the immune system, reduces cough and cold and eases pains and aches.
- Bath: Add 5 drops of tea tree, lavender oil and eucalyptus oil to your hot water bath. These essential oils banish body ache instantaneously.
- Honey and cinnamon: blend 1 spoon of honey with ¼ spoon of cinnamon powder; have everyday for 1 week. Cinnamon has warming and stimulating properties. It reinforces the immune system and shields the body from infections.
- Apple, cranberry, pear, pomegranate and grapes juice is advised; it works like a tonic.