Intestinal Worms Prevention Measures:
Preventing intestinal worms from infecting you and your family can be done with a few changes in how you live and in your hygienic practices. Here are some of the things you can try to do:
- Wash your hands whenever you can. If you cannot wash your hands, try to have a hand sanitizer handy.
- Eat only food you are sure of. Food that is not prepared in a sanitary manner can be the home of hundreds of microscopic worms and can easily infect a person.
- Worms can also enter the body through fluids. Do not drink unboiled or unclean water. Try to drink only liquids that you are sure are sanitary and are clean.
- Cook your food thoroughly, particularly the meats. Meats can have worms in them; and if these are not cooked properly, these worms can easily infest a body.
- Keep your surroundings clean and bathe every day to keep your skin and yourself free from possible worms that may cling to your skin from certain sources.