What Causes Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
While there are no findings yet as to what really causes irritable bowel syndrome, there are a few known triggers that can be blamed for an IBS attack. Here are some of the possible triggers for this problem:
- A person may suffer from irritable bowel syndrome when he or she is exposed to prolonged periods of stress or is in a situation where he or she is constantly under pressure.
- Some of the other possible psychological problems that can also cause this ailment are anxiety and depression.
- A previous infection of the intestinal area, like gastroenteritis, may result to this problem. It has been seen that a quarter of the people who suffer from IBS get it after suffering from some form of gastrointestinal disorder.
- People who have a low-fiber diet and are fond of sweet and spicy foods are more prone to this problem than others. Sometimes intolerance of certain foods are the culprit behind the problem if IBS that a person has.
- Certain medicines can also cause IBS. Antacids, painkillers, and antibiotics have at one time or another been blamed for such problems as constipation and diarrhea.