There are many reasons why a person may itch. Some of these reasons are physical and some are psychological. Here are a few of the reasons why you may be itching:
- When you are experiencing an itch all over your body, the other symptoms that come along with the itch will help you determine the cause of the itch.
- Itching can be blamed on certain skin conditions as well. If a person is suffering from dry skin, he may end up itching. Dry skin may be caused by overexposure to the sun, to cold winds, salty water, and from using harsh soaps.
- When you sweat too much, you might end up itching as well. The reaction of your skin to your sweat and the combination of other elements that are present like dirt and dust can cause a person to itch.
- Insect bites are also a common source of itching problems. Most insects like mosquitos, fleas, bees, and such can cause a person to itch when stung or bitten.
- Fungal infections, worm or parasitic infections, and viral infections can also cause a person to itch in certain parts of their body. Allergies are also sources of itching bouts.