Itchy bumps on the scalp cold occur due to a host of reasons, the commonest being dandruff. However, using harsh shampoos and conditioners is not the solution to the problem, a dietary check and occasionally medical treatments are necessary to manage the condition successfully.
Causes Of Itchy Bumps On Scalp
- Ringworm: is highly contagious that causes red flaky patches and bumps on the scalp that blisters and itch.
- Dryness of scalp: is another very common cause. A lack of natural oils in the scalp, or excessive usage of hair care products and chemicals triggers dryness and itching. Inadequate supply of proteins and vitamin A and B also make the scalp dry.
- Folliculitis: bacterial infection of the hair follicles also triggers intense itching. Red bumps appear on the scalp; they are itchy and painful.
- Psoriasis: of the scalp results in the formation of thick scales that are extremely itchy.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: occurs due to yeast infection, hormonal fluctuations, and stress.
- Head Lice: infetstaion of lice is the commonest causes, particularly amongst children.
Home Remedies For Itchy Skin Bumps
A good hair care regimen can help treat a range of scalp and hair disorders. Primarily, you need to stop using hair care products that cause dryness. Opt for mild shampoos and conditioners. Anti dandruff shampoos tend to dry out the scalp and increase the itchiness. Also, avoid excessive hair styling and use of chemicals.
- Oats: take ¼ cup oatmeal and soak in water for 15 minutes. Strain the liquid and add 5 drops lavender oil and 5 drops rosemary oil. Mix well. Massage this blend in to the scalp and leave for half an hour. This home remedy treats dryness and itchiness almost instantly.
- Fenugreek seeds: Soak 2 spoons of fenugreek seeds for 4 hours, then, grind in to a fine paste. Apply the paste in the scalp and leave for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Lime: freshly squeezed lime, diluted in water should be massaged in to the scalp and hair. It cures itchy bumps on scalp, fights dandruff and hair loss, and also gives a glow to the hair.
Add 3 spoons of apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of warm water. After shampooing your hair, use this blend as a final wash. Gently, massage the scalp with the fingertips.
Mix 1drop of Tea tree, 1 drop of Rosemary oil and 1 drop of Lavender oil in 10 drops of olive oil. Massage this oil blend in to your scalp daily and leave on for 1 hour. Wash off using a mild shampoo.