Leg Cramps Causes:
What can cause leg cramps and why are some people more prone to it than others? Leg cramps occur when a person has certain vitamin and mineral deficiencies. A lack in potassium as well as sodium has been seen as possible reasons for these painful occurrences. Here are other possible reasons for getting leg cramps:
- One other possible reason may be poor circulation of blood to the area due to blocked veins.
- Sometimes age is a huge factor when it comes to leg cramps since most of those who suffer from this problem are the elderly. They are usually susceptible to nocturnal leg cramps and are often woken up by the pain this brings them at night.
- When a person feels a cramp while exercising, the reasons may include dehydration, overworked muscles, or lack of warm-up exercises before engaging in these strenuous workouts.
- Sometimes certain factors like being overweight, electrolyte imbalances, and even the use of certain medications can cause these muscle spasms in your leg to occur.
- Muscle fatigue can also be a reason for leg cramps.