Lethargy Prevention Measures:
Preventing lethargy actually includes changes in diet, lifestyle, and habits. When you change how you live your life, lethargy can be avoided. Here are some tips:
- Try to exercise regularly. Physical activity will get your blood circulating properly which will then get rid of that sluggish feeling you feel with lethargy.
- Find things you are interested in or cultivate an interest that will keep you alert and away from feeling lethargic. Certain interests that involve active movement are ideal but you can also indulge in interests that are mind stimulating as well.
- Avoid the intake of alcohol since this can easily cause you to become lethargic and tired.
- Some medications are said to cause lethargy. If you find that some drugs you are prescribed causes you tiredness, fatigue, and drowsiness even when you haven’t done anything strenuous or tiring, ask your doctor to prescribe you another kind of medicine that has the same effects as your previous medication but one that does not have lethargy as a side effect.
- Try to increase your intake of fiber-rich foods to avoid constipation. Since constipation can cause lethargy, trying to avoid it can help you avoid lethargy as well.