Diet for Cirrhosis of Liver Prevention:
Poor diet is one of the major causes for developing cirrhosis of the liver. As such, one has to take keen awareness on what is taken in. When diagnosed with cirrhosis of the liver, the following should be included in one’s diet:
- Figs. Rinse about 4 leaves and crush them.
- Mix a teaspoon of glucose with a glass of water and take in three times a day.
- Make sure to eat fresh vegetable salad at least twice a day. This will provide the body with sufficient intake of minerals and vitamins that are very vital in treating inflammation and scarring of the liver.
- Cut down intake of oily foods while increasing carbohydrates and protein. Oily and burned foods such as some grilled foods are known to cause cirrhosis of the liver. Proteins are beneficial because they help in breaking down fats.
- Avoid chocolate, nuts, shellfish, and mushrooms. These foods are rich in copper which, when present in large quantities, will cause damage to the liver.
- Eat at least one hard boiled egg a day. Eggs are rich in B vitamins that are known to regenerate liver tissues.