Every one desires healthy, lustrous and thick hair. However, increased levels of psychological stress, pollution, harsh chemicals in shampoos and conditioners tend to have a detrimental impact on hair. It also affects the normal hair growth pattern. Diet also contributes to hair growth. Eating junk food, aerated drinks, adulterated foods, excessive consumption of alcohol, caffeine has bad effect on overall hair quality and its growth.
Natural Hair Growth Home Remedy
Certain home remedies are beneficial hair health and growth. They are useful in maintaining healthy texture of the hair. Some basic home remedies and recommendations to promote healthy hair growth are as follows:
- Include fresh fruits, green vegetables, sprouts, nuts and grains in your diet. They are rich source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. These nutrients stimulate the hair follicle to produce new hair cells.
- Certain vitamins play an important role in replenishing and rejuvenating hair. Vitamin B12, B6, Niacin, folic acid and MSM are considered important nutrients for strengthening hair roots.
- Milk and milk products are loaded with proteins which are found to be beneficial in promoting healthy hair.
- Fish, soy and raw vegetable salad contain ingredients that promote hair health. The protein content of fish is very high, and since your hair is made up of protein, including fish in your diet is beneficial for hair health. Fish also contains essential fatty acids that are helpful in hair growth.
- Local application of freshly squeezed lemon juice is useful in maintaining a healthy scalp. Lemon juice helps fight dandruff and prevents hair loss. Apply lemon juice about fifteen minutes prior to your bath and then rinse it off.
- Massage your hair using castor oil, coconut oil or olive oil. This enhances hair quality. It also prevents hair loss.
- Make a mixture of vinegar, egg yolk and coconut oil. Apply the mixture on the scalp for about fifteen minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. Vinegar is an anti-septic which kills germs and bacterial growth on the scalp. Egg yolk supplies essential nutrients to the scalp and hair follicles. It thus promotes healthy hair growth.
- Simply massaging the scalp after a head shower helps promote circulation of blood to the scalp. This in turn reduces hair loss. Regular massaging of the scalp with coconut oil not only provides nutrients to the hair follicles, but also hastens the growth of hair by increasing the blood flow to the scalp and hair roots.
Home Remedies for Thick Hair Growth
- Certain juices and health drinks contain essential ingredients that are beneficial for hair growth. Consume equal portions of carrot, simsim, alfalfa and lactuca sativa juice to prevent hair damage. It also improves the overall quality and texture of the hair.
- Mix raw Indian gooseberry in coconut oil and massage it over the scalp. It is an age old home remedy for healthy hair growth on your scalp.
- Make a paste of margosa leaves and coriander leaves. Apply the paste for about 10 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water. This is supposed to make the hair thick and strong.
- Green tea is consumed as beverage all over the world. The antioxidant property of green tea is due to catechin, a type polyphenol. Catechin has been reported to have growth stimulatory effect on normal hair cells.