Experts say, it is quite normal to lose up to 100 hairs per day. However, extreme hair fall is a huge cause for concern and induces excessive worry and fear among the individual. There are a host of factors that trigger hair loss; nonetheless, it is possible to manage hair loss through a comprehensive and integrated approach to hair care.
Reasons For Hair Loss
- Stress: stress is a huge contributing factor for hair loss. In consequence to long standing stress, hair follicles go in to the telogen phase ahead of time, thus, causing a stoppage of new growth and increased shedding of hairs.
- Drugs: certain drugs and medications are known to trigger hair fall. Drugs for acne, drugs that lower lipids, warfarin, ACE inhibitors, anti malarials, anti cancer drugs, thyroid drugs and medications for epilepsy are important causes.
- Psoriasis: results in hair loss.
- Testosterone: the scalp converts testosterone in to Dihydrotestostrone; a few follicles are responsive to DHT, and they shrivel up, resulting in hair loss.
- Genetics and heredity: play an important role
- Aging: aging results in poorer hair growth and increased hair loss.
- Iron deficiency: insufficiency of this vital nutrient sets off hair fall.
- Hormonal changes: hormone fluctuations occurring during menopause and during pregnancy and child birth may cause severe hair fall.
Natural Hair Loss Treatment
There is ample evidence that says that regular massage of the scalp promotes hair growth and halts hair loss. Massage stimulates circulation of blood through the scalp, and helps dormant hair follicles to generate new growth.
- Using the tips of the fingers gently massage the scalp once every day. Fan out the fingers, so that you cover the entire scalp. Massage for about 10 minutes, till the scalp begins to tingle.
- Jojoba oil is an excellent home cure and a wonderful solution for hair loss. Apply the oil generously to the scalp and hair. Leave on for 2 hours. Wash off using a mild shampoo.
- Blend together coconut milk and aloe vera gel; apply this mixture to your scalp every day.
Home Remedies For Hair Loss
Dietary modification is a very crucial aspect of hair loss management. It is important for both male as well as female pattern balding.
Step up your daily intake of iron, silica, zinc, iron, calcium and protein. Foods that supply these nutrients can be had, or have nutrient supplements regularly.
- Mustard seeds: Add 1 spoon of mustard seeds to 1 cup of boiling water. Simmer for 10 minutes. After it has cooled, drink it. This is a wonderful home remedy for hair loss. Mustard seeds provide loads of phosphorus, calcium, zinc and magnesium.
- Blend together 2 spoons of olive oil, 1 spoon of powdered rosemary, 1 lemon and 1 egg yolk. Apply to the hair roots and leave on for 2 hours.
- Cumin seeds: add 2 spoons of cumin seeds to ½ cup of olive. Rub in to the scalp and leave for 1 hour. Wash off using a gentle shampoo.