What Is Hypotension (Low Blood Pressure)
Low blood pressure is a medical condition characterized by a reading of less than 90 mm Hg systolic blood pressure or less than 60 mm Hg diastolic blood pressure. Although people who constantly have high blood pressure would long for this to go down, having low blood pressure also presents its own complications.
Symptoms of low blood pressure include:
- Blurred vision
- Sudden fatigue
- Rapid, shallow breathing
Home Remedies to Treat Low Blood Pressure
How can a person treat low blood pressure from home? Are there any home remedies that can effectively help a person normalize his or her blood pressure from this problem? Here are some home remedies that may help in this aspect:
- Those who are suffering from low blood pressure can get some help from what is called beetroot juice. They should drink this juice at least twice a day every day to help restore the blood pressure to normal levels.
- Coffee can also help raise blood pressure levels when needed. Just drink a cup of strong coffee if the blood pressure becomes low.
- Take a dip in a lukewarm tub of water with Epsom salts in it.
- Homemade almond paste can also help with low blood pressure problems. Just soak 7 to 8 raw almonds in a bowl of water overnight. Peel these in the morning and grind to make a paste. Mix this paste with some warm milk and drink immediately.
- Salt and salty foods are also useful in pulling the blood pressure up to higher readings. Thus, the patient might want to add more salt to his/her food or eat more salty foods. Still, it is not a good idea to also eat salt in large quantities as this can affect other organs of the body. Keep it still in moderation but just in higher amounts than usual.
Lifestyle Changes For Lowering Blood Pressure
- For the well-being of the individual with hypotension, his/her diet should consist more of fruits and vegetables for added nutrients.
- Also, it is best to eat low carb meals in small amounts several times a day. This will ensure that a sudden drop in blood pressure within the day will be minimized.
- Stay healthy. Do exercise.