Menopausal Disorders Diet:
When a woman goes through this stage in her life, she will need proper nutrition to help her ease herself through this phase. Some of the things she should include in her diet are nutrients that can help compensate for the loss of estrogen and other hormones in her body. Here are some suggestions:
- Also called phytoestrogens, plant estrogens help compensate for the loss of estrogens during this stage in a woman’s life. These can be found in such sources like soy protein.
- Increase your intake of foods that are high in healthy protein. This includes fish, chicken, nuts, seeds, and beans.
- A healthy diet for a woman in her menopausal years should consist of healthy portions of green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, whole grains, and healthy fat like fish oil.
- Avoidance of such foods like processed foods and pre-packaged meals should be done. Other foods that should be avoided include refined sugar and products made with refined flour.
- Vitamin-E-rich products should also be part of a woman’s diet when she is entering her menopausal period. She should also drink lots of fresh fruit juices and vegetable juices to help keep herself healthy and radiant in her menopausal years.