Menopause is a natural consequence of aging. It causes the cessation of the reproductive processes so that the woman transitions from reproductive to non-reproductive. This is the stage where the monthly cycles stop. Still, this does not occur overnight but over a period of time. How long a woman transitions towards menopause depends on many factors.
No woman can avoid menopause as long as she reaches middle age. There is no definite time as to when menopause should start but women aged 42 to 48 should expect to begin experiencing the symptoms anytime soon. Thus, the best thing for a woman to do is to learn to deal with the symptoms of menopause.
Although unavoidable, there are ways to at least minimize the symptoms that the woman will be experiencing. Often, hormone therapy is the best recourse. Estrogen hormones are often taken in oral forms in normal dosages while progesterone hormones are taken in oral forms but in much higher dosages.
Symptoms of Menopause
- Hot flashes
- Watery discharges
- Urinary problems such as incontinence, urgency, or frequency
- Vaginal dryness
- Memory loss
- Decreased sex drive
Menopausal Problems Natural Remedies
Are there ways to treat menopausal disorders without having to undergo expensive therapies or treatments? There are some herbal and alternative remedies that the patient can try to use if she finds that other strategies do not work or are too expensive. Here are some suggestions:
- Drinking the juice taken from beets is sometimes beneficial to those who are suffering from menopausal disorders. Simply take a glass of beet juice three times in one day to help with these problems. This is said to be a better treatment as opposed to synthetic hormones that are also expensive.
- Carrot seeds that are boiled in a glass of milk are also a remedy for menopausal disorders. Just add a teaspoon of carrot seeds to the milk and let it come to a boil then simmer for ten minutes. Drink this daily for relief from these symptoms.
- Licorice powder mixed with milk can also help with menopausal disorders. Simply add a teaspoon of this powder to milk or any juice and drink daily.
- The patient can also remedy her problems with menopausal disorders with the use of soy products like tofu, soya milk, and even products made with soy flour.