At some point in their life, every woman may want to prepone or postpone her menstrual cycle for few days. There are varied reasons for it. The other day, a young woman was asking for some home remedies to prepone her periods, since her marriage date was coinciding with the date of her menses.
Generally, a normal and regular menstrual cycle is of 28 to 30 days. Your periods depend on female hormones; the two main hormones are estrogen and progesterone. These two hormones play an important role in shedding of uterus lining, after which vascular structure in the uterus starts to bleed; this is what we call as menstrual bleeding.
Birth Control Pills To Prepone Menstrual Cycle
There are many ways to prepone or induce your period earlier then the expected due date.
It is possible to prepone the menstrual cycle with natural home remedies. On the brighter note, it is also safe and free from side effects. Following are some of the home remedies to prepone the cycle. There are certain foods and herbs that can raise the level of estrogen which responsible for inducing menstruation. Certain foods warm up your body and help to prepone your periods.
Home Remedies To Prepone Periods
- Papaya: eat one small papaya for at least 7 days regularly, if you want to induce your period earlier than its due date. Carotene in papaya helps to prepone menses. Beside, papaya produces lot of heat in the body.
- Carrots and pumpkin are other two fruits that contain enough carotene. They both can prove beneficial if you want to prepone your menses.
- Eat one teaspoon of sesame seeds and one teaspoon of jaggery daily. Start at least 15 days prior to the expected date.
- Mix two teaspoon of jaggery in one glass of water. Add 1 teaspoon of freshly prepared ginger juice to it, drink the prepared mixture early in the morning on empty stomach, for few days to prepone periods naturally.
- Drink one glass of pomegranate juice and one glass of sugarcane juice at least three times in a day, for few days to prepone the menses.
- Mix jaggery powder with half teaspoon of turmeric powder and consume this mixture regularly, start 15 days prior to the expected date of menses. Since Jaggery and turmeric both produces heat in the body, your periods may prepone few days prior your expected date.
How To Prepone Periods Naturally?
- Eating red meat and lot of non vegetarian dishes increases heat in the body. Red meat contains high amount of estrogen, which helps to induce menstrual cycle earlier.
- In ancient days people used to apply hot pack of red mud over the lower abdomen. This produces heat in the body and helps to prepone the periods.
- Sitting in a hot bath tub for half hour regularly for few days. Drink lukewarm water during this period. This helps to produce heat in the body and prepone menstrual periods.
While all the above natural foods and herbs were effective in olden days to prepone periods, today it is difficult to rely on them completely. This is because most of the fruits and vegetables are grown with the help of chemical fertilizers and their nutritive value is considerably reduced than organically produced vegetables and fruits. So what may have worked for your granny may or may not be as effective on you.
17 thoughts on “How To Prepone Periods Naturally With Home Remedies”
I want to prepone my period for next month (January). My last menses date was 14th December. Accordingly, my next expected date is 9th or 10th. I want to prepone my menses by 7 days. It would be comfortable if menses is around 3rd or 4th January. Can you suggest some home remedy for it.
Contraceptives and birth control pills are best to alter the timing of menstrual period as it contains estrogen and progesterone hormones. However, if you are reluctant to use it, certain home remedies may also help. But they do not always work and you should know it before taking them. Eat foods containing estrogen in its natural form. Papaya is one such fruit which works well to prepone menses. Carrots and pumpkin are also suggested to bring menses earlier than expected date. Also a mixture of jaggery and ginger juice taken regularly for few days brings menses earlier. It also increases heat in your body, which is essential.
I am getting married on 18th April. My periods are due on 22nd April. I would like to prepone my periods to 9th or 10th April so that I am free for two weeks after my marriage. What medicines should I take?
My last period was on 17th March 2014. I want to prepone my periods as I am getting married on 23rd April 2014. I have started eating papayas. I also take turmeric with hot water to get my periods but I have still not got my periods. What are the home remedies to prepone menses?
While natural herbs and foods are effective in preponment of menstruation, they do not completely guarantee the result. In comparison to that, birth control pills are far better to prepone or postpone menses. If you are taking birth control pill, take it from 8th or 9th of April for three to four days. Stop the pill and you may have bleeding in next 2 to 3 days. This is called breakthrough bleeding; the flow is limited which may last for one or two days. However, if you are determined to take only natural remedy, than eat jaggery with one teaspoon of sesame seeds daily for few days. Also keep taking papaya and turmeric.