The precise cause of stomach problems and derangements are rather difficult to pinpoint. Minor as well as serious gastric problems tend to start with the same symptoms. The intensity of pain, the location and other associated symptoms help establish the cause of the pain and what line of treatment needs to be adopted.
Pain in the stomach may be dull, agonizing or excruciating. Most of the causes aren’t serious and can be successfully managed with home remedies. Pain due to indigestion, heartburn, flatulence, constipation, and lactose intolerance can be managed with natural remedies and paying attention to your diet.
On the other hand, pain due to ulcers, hernia, UTI, gall bladder disorders, infection, and appendicitis may need expert medical attention.
Causes Of Moving Abdominal Pain
Some of the common causes of sharp moving pain in stomach include the following:
- Generalized, moving abdominal pain occurs with indigestion, the commonest GI derangement. Sharp, moving pains that get more severe over several hours could be an indication of bowel obstruction.
- Localized, sharp pain that comes on suddenly and drastically worsens is a symptom of a serious problem.
- Occasionally, severe pain which starts suddenly may be a symptom of perforation, i.e. rupture of the stomach or the intestines, kidney stones, torsion of an ovary or testicle, or an aneurysm.
Home Remedies To Relieve Stomach Pain
If the pain lasts only for 24 hours, and is relieved by passing wind and stools, you do not need to be too anxious; home remedies will help you manage your case effectively. However, if the pain lasts for more than a day and if the episodes are frequent, you need to confer with your health care provider.
- Cumin seeds: They are a carminative and assist in digesting food. Try to incorporate the condiment in to your daily cooking if you suffer from frequent bouts of indigestion and bloating. This Mediterranean spice has been used to successfully manage the symptoms of gastritis. Cumin seeds help treat indigestion, heartburn and abdominal discomfort efficiently. Cuminaldehyde present in the seeds activates the secretion of saliva, hence aiding in optimal digestion. Another compound known as thymol also peps up gastric secretion thus enhancing digestion. Boil about 2 to 3 spoons of cumin seeds in a bowl of water. Cool and add honey and have several times through the day.
- Lime: Citric acid in limes perks up the release of hydrochloric acid in the stomach which breaks down your food. Improper breakdown of food and poor digestion is one of the chief reasons of GI disorders and pain. When you take lime juice, you help the body by optimizing the process of breakdown and digestion. Have a glass of lime juice daily after meals.
- Probiotics: All experts and health care providers swear by probiotics to manage almost all gastric disturbances. Probiotics provide you with good bacteria which help your stomach do its job effortlessly. When you complain of indigestion, acidity and bloating, there is a chance that these probiotics have reduced in your bowels, consequently resulting in indigestion and stomach discomfort. Yogurt is one of the best natural probiotics. Having a bowl of yogurt daily is advised by all health care experts. You could also add a few leaves of mint and a pinch of powdered cumin seeds to the yogurt for speedier and better results.