Nausea can cause discomfort, with the urge to vomit high and difficult to deal with. It is a good thing that there are a lot of home remedies and natural treatments that can be used to counteract the nauseous feeling.
Natural Treatment For Nausea
There are a number of home remedies which can be used by anyone who wishes to get rid of nausea.
- Get a glass of slightly cold water and add to this a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Mix well and drink up.
- Another simple remedy for nausea is ginger tea. It is easy to make this tea. Peeling a piece of ginger root, slice it up, and boil it in a pot of water until the water turns yellowish or the same color as the ginger. Drink this while it is still warm. Lemon and honey may also be added to enhance the taste.
- Chamomile tea and peppermint tea are also good remedies for nausea.
- Other teas are also quite helpful. Options are cinnamon, raspberry, and lemon.
- Dissolve ½ tsp baking soda in a glass of warm water. Drink this mixture.
- Prepare a drink made of 1 tbsp honey, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, and 1 cup water. Mix thoroughly. Sip slowly until the nausea is gone.
- If everything fails, well, succumb to the urge to vomit and empty the stomach of its contents. This will surely be a relief.
Remedies For Nausea In Pregnancy
- Nausea is one of the most common reasons that indicate pregnancy.
- Often, the nauseous feeling occurs even before the woman learns that she is pregnant. This often lasts for the entire first trimester though there are women who are unlucky enough to experience this throughout the pregnancy.
- If the woman is feeling nauseous due to pregnancy, ease this morning sickness with the use of a mixture of wheat germ and warm milk. Just mix a couple of teaspoons or so of wheat germ with warm milk in a glass and drink this every hour to get rid of that nauseated feeling.
- Try sucking on popsicles. Ice cubes are also great options.
- Munch on saltine or soda crackers.