Kidney infection or pyelonephritis is a bacterial infection of one or both the kidneys. Bacterium E. coli inhabits the large intestine, and this leads to 90 % cases of kidney infections. By and large, the infection commences in the urethra / the bladder and moves up to the kidney. If neglected, the kidneys can be permanently damaged or the infection could even spread to the blood, resulting in a life threatening condition.
Symptoms of Kidney Infection
Patients complain of the following symptoms and clinical manifestations:
- Burning while urinating
- Constant urge to urinate
- Frequent urination
- Inability to urinate
- Pain and heaviness in the back and pelvis
- Offensive urine
- Cloudy urine
- Bouts of fever
- Pus in urine
- Occasional blood in urine
- Increased frequency of urination at night
- Nausea and / or vomiting
Natural Treatment for Kidney Disease
- Aromatherapy: aroma oils or essential oils afford immediate relief form the pain and discomfort that is associated with infection. Blend together 2 drops of sandal wood oil, 2 drops of tea tree oil, and 1 drop of bergamot oil. Gently massage your pelvic region and back, using this blend.
- Vitamin C: vitamin C boosts immune system functioning. Step up your intake of limes, lemons, oranges, cherries, berries, bell peppers, broccoli, mangoes and papayas.
- Echinacea: this herb is an effective home remedy for kidney and bladder infections. 300mg Echinacea capsules once daily, or 1 glass of Echinacea tea is extremely beneficial.
- Apple cider vinegar: apple cider vinegar provides large doses of potassium which prevents bacterial multiplication. Apple cider vinegar is a natural anti-biotic that flushes out infection and toxins effectually.
- Water: consuming 4 liters of water, daily, helps flush out the kidneys effectively and treat the infection speedily.
- Baking Soda: add 1 spoon of baking soda to a glass of water and mix. Drink this blend twice every day. Baking soda neutralizes the acids present in the urine and provides immense relief.
- Coriander Seeds: add 2 spoons of coriander seeds to a bowl of boiling water. Let it simmer for 15 minutes. Let it cool, then consume. Coriander seeds alleviate pain and itching associate with a kidney infection instantly.
- Cranberry Juice: cranberries supply loads of vitamin C and Quinolic acid. These 2 nutrients prevent bacteria from adhering to the walls of the bladder, and check the infection swiftly. Drink a glass of cranberry, once every day. Do not opt for packaged drinks, fresh juice is recommended. Another option is consuming cranberry extract supplements.