Peptic Ulcer Information And Facts
Peptic ulcer is one of the most common diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract. These ulcers are very painful, especially aggravated by the fact that they are located in the area where the acid content is very high. Most of the cases of peptic ulcer are caused by Helicobacter pylori.
Often, a patient suffering from peptic ulcer will exhibit abdominal pain especially within hours from a meal. This is one of the reasons why the patient will lose appetite which could also lead to weight loss. The patient may also feel fullness even when he or she has not eaten yet. This could be caused by bloating, which is also associated with the ulcers.
In many cases, the patient will also experience vomiting and nausea. Then, if the condition worsens, the patient could vomit blood. The patient will also have foul-smelling stools that are black and tarry with digested blood and oxidized iron from hemoglobin.
Natural Treatment For Peptic Ulcer
Peptic ulcers can be very painful. Fortunately, a lot of home remedies can be used to cure the patient of peptic ulcers.
- Eat bananas every day. This is one of the easiest to do home remedies. Bananas contain enzymes that help in neutralizing the acids in the stomach. To provide a variety to this home remedy, one may opt to make a banana shake out of it.
- When there is a burning sensation in the stomach area, the best way to relieve this sensation is to drink cold milk without sugar. Milk is also good in reducing the acidity in the stomach. However, this should not be given to patients who have lactose intolerance as this could only aggravate the situation.
- Prepare a concoction by soaking about 15 g of the leaves of wood apple in about 250 ml of water. In the morning, strain the preparation and drink the concoction.
- Prepare a paste of about 10 grams of drumstick leaves and water and mixing about a half cup of yogurt to it. Drinking this mixture everyday will do good to a person with peptic ulcer.
- Drink raw goat milk at least three times a day. Fresh milk is the best means to reduce the acidity in the stomach.
- Drink lime juice regularly or use it as dressing for salads. Lime is rich in citric acid and mineral salts that are very effective in treating peptic ulcer.