Piles or hemorrhoids is a condition, wherein, the veins of the rectum and the anus become tortuous and varicose. The get inflamed and engorged and result in considerable discomfort. Piles may be internal or external. Chronic constipation is the commonest and most important cause for piles. Prompt and effective management of the condition is very vital if you want to avoid having a surgery.
Home Remedies For Piles Or Hemorrhoids
The following home remedies have been proved to be decidedly beneficial in the treatment of piles. It is very essential to watch your daily diet and to follow a consistent life style pattern to manage the case effectively.
- Dates: dates are the most important homes remedy for hemorrhoids. They add bulk to the stool and thus prevent straining at stool and constipation. They regulate bowel movement and improve peristalsis. Consume 5 dates every night before going to bed.
- Prunes: prunes are another excellent remedy for hemorrhoids.
- Dry figs: soak about 5 dry figs in water, and consume first thing in the morning. The figs too work like the dates and prunes, and help in managing piles effectively.
- Water: make sure you drink 3 liters of water everyday. Water makes the stool soft, and eases elimination; thus preventing straining and the consequent prolapse of the rectal veins and rectal tissue.
- Fiber: fiber plays a very important role in managing and preventing GI disorders. Add liberal amounts of fiber rich foods to your diet: soy, green leafy vegetables, whole cereals, and fresh vegetables.
- Apple cider vinegar: take a few drops of apple cider vinegar on to a tissue and gently apply to the piles, at least 5 times, everyday. Apple cider vinegar eases pain, itching and burning rapidly.
Causes And Symptoms Of Internal And External Piles
Important causes that trigger the occurrence of piles / hemorrhoids are:
- Chronic, unchecked constipation
- Excessive straining ate stool
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea, due to prolonged use of laxatives, which tend t make the muscles of the bowels weak and lax.
- Poor intake of dietary fiber
- Poor intake of water, dehydration
- Sedentary lifestyle, with no exercise
- Eating too much of refined and processed foods
- Lifting heavy weights
- Chronic cough
- Undue and long drawn out episode of vomiting
Symptoms Of Piles
Clinical manifestations of piles are:
- The first symptom that is observed by the patient is a sensation of fullness and heaviness in the rectum
- Constipation for a protracted period of time, straining at stool
- Pain, especially pricking, is felt while passing stool
- Prolapse during stool
- Itching and burning around the anus
- Difficulty in sitting
- Bleeding in stool