Pimples could occur anywhere on the body, however, an area that people do not expect pimples to occur on are the ears. Commonly, blackheads tend to manifest in the inside of the ear. While these may not be uncomfortable, they can be highly unappealing and also give the impression that the ear is unclean.
Symptoms Of Pimple In Ear
Small pimples are usually asymptomatic, except for their presence. Some may become big and nodular, thus becoming very painful. They may ooze pus and blood occasionally.
The surrounding area turns red, swollen and tender. Very rarely, fever may be an accompanying feature.
What Causes Pimple In Ear?
Pimples erupt when the sebaceous glands in the ears release too much oil. Pimples usually occur in the form of blackheads and can appear due to a host of causes.
- Hormone oscillations during menstruation, pregnancy or menopause are known to cause a breakout of pimples in various parts of the body, including the ear.
- Excessive synthesis of sebum and oil is another significant cause. Oil is produced in the sebaceous glands, the sweat glands as well as the hairs falling on the ears.
- The use of hair products containing chemicals is also harmful because the chemicals have lots of side effects and set off acne.
- Habits such as frequently touching your ears or using dirty ear buds to clean the ears leads to ear infections causing pimples.
- Hygiene plays a vital role in the occurrence of acne. Like other parts of the body, it is very important to take care of the ears too.
Natural Home Remedies For Pimple In Ear
- The first step to get rid of the pimples is to maintain strict levels of hygiene and cleanliness. Clean the area every day with a mild soap. Thereafter pat dry, don’t let it stay damp.
- Do not fidget with the pimples on your ears.
- Avoid using greasy hair products, they aggravate the acne.
- Make sure that you change your pillowcases at least thrice a week to ward off oil from your hair and face getting in to the ears when you sleep.
- Tea tree essential oil has proved to be the most effective natural remedy to battle acne and pimples. Dab the essential oil all over the affected area several times a day. It acts almost instantly in getting rid of blackheads, acne and pimples as well as controlling the level of oil around the face and ear. Also, experts advise using tea tree essential on a regular basis to keep an oily skin and scalp at bay. Add a few drops to your hair oil and shampoo.
- Furthermore, step up your intake of vitamin A rich foods such as papaya, carrots, spinach, and pumpkin; as well as vitamin C foods such as, limes, oranges, mangoes, bell peppers and tomatoes. These help the skin heal faster.
- Drink ample water every day. Water helps cleanse the bloodstream and get rid of built up toxins from the body, thus accelerating healing of the skin.
- Zinc is another nutrient that is necessary for the elimination of acne. Talk to your doctor and start a supplement. Alongside step up your intake of walnuts, cashews and oysters; these are packed with zinc.