People having dandruff are lot more susceptible to developing pimples on the face, particularly on the forehead. Dandruff is characterized by flaky skin on the scalp; and these flakes obstruct the pores on the face thus resulting in pimples. What’s more, if you have a pimple prone skin, dandruff greatly aggravates the problem.
One of the commonest causes of acne is dandruff. Not many may be aware that dandruff causes pimples on the forehead. When you scratch your head due to dandruff, the flakes fall onto the forehead and face, and trigger the development of pimples.
The skin on your face becomes a little oily as well. This is because dandruff makes your skin oily and causes the pimples to appear. The only way to deal with pimples due to dandruff is to effectively treat the dandruff.
Natural Remedies For Pimples Caused Due To Dandruff
The following home remedies have proved to be very efficacious in getting rid of dandruff permanently from your scalp without the use of harsh chemical- based shampoos; and thus banish the pimples successfully too.
- Hot olive oil massage: Massage hot olive oil in to your scalp and hair and leave for 30 minutes. Olive oil helps loosen the dead skin and dandruff flakes effectively. It boosts circulation of blood to the scalp keeping the scalp healthier. Follow this thrice a week.
- Lime juice: Lime is exceedingly beneficial for getting rid of dandruff. Squeeze the juice of 2 to 3 limes; blend in a few drops of olive oil or coconut oil and massage daily for a week. Dandruff disappears. Also, follow this regimen at least once a week thereafter as a preventive.
- Wash your face regularly: Use a mild cleanser to wash your face. It helps remove dandruff flakes and grime out of the face which trigger acne by clogging the pores.
- Apple cider vinegar: Use apple cider vinegar as a rinse after you wash and condition your hair. Add 2 ounces of apple cider vinegar to a tumbler of water. Rinse your hair well. Do this daily.
- Apply your conditioner away from the Scalp: Make sure that you apply the conditioner one inch away from our scalp. The residue of conditioners is known to trigger as well as worsen dandruff. Rinse well after you use the conditioner.
- Tea tree essential oil: Tea tree essential oil is by far the best and most effective natural remedy for dandruff as well as acne. Also, it acts rather fast, banishing all the dandruff in 2 to 3 washes. It has a potent anti-bacterial property and helps get rid of as well as prevent pimples caused by dandruff. Blend 10 drops of tea tree oil with 5 drops of avocado oil. Massage in to the scalp and wash off after 2 hours. You could also add a few drops of the essential oil to your shampoo and conditioner.
- Brush your hair daily: Brushing the hair everyday eliminates dandruff flakes and dead cells from your scalp and it also helps perk up blood circulation.
- Curd: Applying curd to your hair decreases dandruff and thereby cures the pimples caused by dandruff. Massage fresh curd in to your scalp and keep for about 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.