Plantar Fasciitis Natural Remedies:
There are a number of home remedies for plantar fasciitis that are very effective in easing the pain that comes with it. These remedies coupled with medical treatment could very well treat the illness more effectively.
- Give your foot adequate rest. It is said that resting your affected foot is among the most effective natural treatments known to cure plantar fasciitis. Resting your foot would minimize the pressure experience by the plantar fascia, thus resulting in the reduction of the swelling and pain.
- Get an ice massage. An ice massage is recommended for people with plantar fasciitis because this can numb the sensation of pain on the heel and could also lessen the swelling. Ten minutes of circular ice massage on the heel area utilizing reasonable pressure should be done regularly.
- Soaking your heel in a shallow pan filled with ice and water is a good alternative for the ice massage. This can also be done for an estimated time of ten minutes.
- Do calf stretches. Recommended by experts, regular calf stretching exercises are also said to treat plantar fasciitis. These exercises can lessen swelling and pain because they are known to promote the proper circulation of blood.
- Wear proper shoes always. If you will always wear shoes that come with good arch support properties, then you could aid in the lessening the pressure or stress felt by your plantar fascia. As such, make sure that your shoes are well-fitted and have mid-soles that are well-cushioned and thick.