Pneumonia Natural Remedies:
While medical treatment is expected to really treat pneumonia, taking on some home remedies will do you a world of good. The good thing about these remedies is that they are all-natural so they do not have side effects.
Here are some of the best home remedies that you can take on for the treatment of pneumonia:
- Lessening the pain caused by pneumonia can be done by massaging turpentine oil on the ribs and wrapping the massaged area with warm cotton wool.
- Half a glass of raw vegetable or fruit juice diluted with a half glass of water taken after every two hours for the first five to seven days of pneumonia is a great home remedy.
- Herbal tea with black pepper and fenugreek seeds is beneficial during the early stage of the illness.
- Coughing and congestion can be temporarily relieved by drinking lemon juice stirred in lukewarm water with a pinch of rock salt.
- 300ml of carrot juice and 200ml of spinach juice taken daily could also help treat pneumonia.
- Taking in raw or cooked ginger, turmeric, black pepper, and fenugreek is also good for the lungs as they are known as having a mucolytic ability, which could aid in the mucous expulsion from the respiratory tract.
- Removing excess mucous from the bronchial tree can also be done by taking in 250ml of water daily mixed with 15gm of sesame, a pinch of salt, one tablespoon of linseeds and one big tablespoon of honey.