Plants are important for all living being. They provide food we eat and most essential is they maintain oxygen level in the air. Without plants there will be catastrophe; people will starve to death, die of suffocation and deficiency diseases. Just as we breathe, plants also breathe. The only difference is they breathe in carbon dioxide and breathe out oxygen in the air.
Powerful Oxygen Booster Plants from Nature’s Basket:
Here are top rated plants that boost indoor oxygen:
- Snake plant (Sansevieria trifasciata): Also known as mother in law’s tongue, this houseplant is valuable gift of nature to preserve and increase purity of air. It produces high amount of oxygen, especially at night. It also has ability to remove environmental pollutants such as benzene, xylene, and various other organic harmful chemicals. This plant can be grown in home. It needs less light and water.
- Money plant (Epipremnum aureum): Money plant is native of Asia and Australia. This plant got its name from traditional belief that it boosts wealth and prosperity. Whether or not it brings material abundance, money plant definitely is powerful air purifier and oxygen booster if kept in your house. This plant is a creeper. It requires indirect sunlight and regular watering. Although safe, this plant has some toxic effect on cats and dogs and small children. Hence keep this ways from the reach of children and pet animals.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is well known for its various curative properties. However, many people do not know it is powerful oxygen booster and air purifier. It removes harmful chemicals from atmosphere such as formaldehyde and benzene. It releases carbondioxide during day and oxygen during night. Aloe vera plant needs frequent sunlight, but less water.
- Bamboo plant (Chamaedorea seifritzil): This plant can be grown indoors and even outdoors. It needs good amount of sunlight. They can grow to bigger size outdoors. Bamboo plant removes pollutants such as formaldehyde and benzene from surrounding air.
- Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum sp): It is a small plant having oxygen boosting ability. The plant grows best in shady area. Peace lily is a flowering plant. Flowers bloom in summer months.
Outdoor Plants Also Purify Air and Release Oxygen in the Air
Neem tree: Botanical name is Azadirachta Indica. It is also called Indian lilac. This tree belongs to mahagony family of trees. This tree is found abundantly in tropical and sub tropical climate. It is a tall and large tree with bright green leaves. Neem tree releases abundant oxygen at night thus it keep the air pure. The leaves of neem tree act as natural pesticides.
Sacred fig (Ficus religiosa): Also called peepal tree, this tree releases oxygen in air. It is also known to purify air from pollutants such as formaldehyde, xylene and toluene.