Respiratory Diseases Symptoms:
After knowing the main causes of respiratory diseases, it is also helpful if you know of the symptoms that come with them. This way, you will not only avoid what could cause the diseases but also be aware of what to look out for.
You should know that while the signs of respiratory diseases often differ depending of the type of disease, there are also similarities to them that you should know about.
- Chest pain: This may or may not be the kind of pain that usually worsens with the movements that one makes when breathing or what is known as pleuretic chest pain.
- Shortness of breath or what is also known as dyspnea. This normally occurs while exercising and could affect the ability to do your normal, daily activities. There are severe cases that cause shortness of breath even while a person is at rest.
- Noisy breathing: this either comes with stridor or wheezing.
- Cough accompanied with the production of phlegm or sputum or not
- Haemoptysis or the coughing up of blood
- Weight loss
- Lack of appetite
- Cyanosis or the bluish discoloration of the fingers, tongue or lips