Erectile dysfunction is a condition that affects a lot of men, a lot more than the reported numbers because many do not admit that they have this condition. Many men resort to buying pills over the internet, in fear of the stigma that are connected to those with impotence. What many do not realize is that there are plenty of home remedies that can help cure erectile dysfunction.
Home Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
Those who are suffering from erectile dysfunction should get their hands on any of the following effective home remedies:
- Horny goat weed. This is sometimes known as the natural Viagra because it helps increase blood flow into the penis. In this way, the penis can be fully engorged and can maintain a longer erection, perhaps enough for a complete intercourse.
- Ginkgo biloba. This is a natural stimulant which also helps course blood into the right places, especially to the penis.
- Ginseng. This Chinese herb is often touted as a very effective home remedy for erectile dysfunction.
- Tongkat Ali. This is another herb known for its ability to boost testosterone.
- Other options include muira palma which is a folk medicine from Brazil, Maca which is a folk medicine used by Peruvian warriors, and many others.
Reasons for Erectile Dysfunction
There are many different reasons that could lead to erectile dysfunction. Each patient may have a different reason but the end result is the same – failure to complete or even begin intercourse. Some of these reasons are:
- Psychological problems. The fear of “performing”, of pleasing the partner can make the man shy and not be able to maintain an erection.
- Problems in the central nervous system. Like all the processes in a person’s body, an erection is created and maintained by the central nervous system. Problems in signals between the penis and the brain could cause the impotence.
- The circulatory system. Problems in the circulatory system could prevent blood from reaching the penis so that not enough is provided.
- Hormones and certain chemicals in the body. The body functions because of hormones and various chemicals. If these are lacking or are present in abnormal quantities, problems could occur in the body’s processes.
Symptoms to look for in Erectile Dysfunction
- Men with erectile dysfunction have trouble having an erection. Often, this erection is too soft for penetration.
- There are also times when the penis can actually hard enough to penetrate. However, intercourse would not be complete because the penis will become flaccid after a while.