It is as important to identify the cause of the underlying conditions as is the treatment. The same is true, when you are suffering from dry and flaky scalp.
Causes Of Dry Flaky Scalp
- Dry and flaky scalp is associated with the climatic condition of the region where you stay; it plays a major role in your skin care and also with your scalp.
- The hot and dry climate can make your scalp lose moisture and make it completely dry. The dry skin flakes peels off from the scalp.
- Hot showers can also damage the scalp skin.
- Dandruff is another reason to get worried when you have dry and flaky scalp. Dandruff is believed to be due to a fungus called malassezia, it inhabits on the scalp of many people. The overgrowth of fungus can be due to suppression of the immune system and improper hair care.
- Psoriasis is a serious medical cause for dry and flaky scalp.
- Scalp folliculitis or tinea capitis
Prevention Of Dry Scalp
- Avoid using harsh chemical containing shampoos. They can harm your hair and the scalp in a long run.
- There are many hair styling products in the market, use them with caution as they may not be suitable to your hair and scalp.
- Wash your hairs at least three times in a week, preferably with a herbal shampoo.
- Avoid and reduce the intake of yeast products such as bread, baked foods, cheese etc.
- Brush your hair regularly. It helps to remove the flakes.
- Massage your scalp daily.
Home Remedies For Dry Scalp
- In order to achieve healthy scalp and healthy hair growth natural treatment is the best approach.
- A person has to eat a healthy diet comprising of vitamins, proteins, carbohydrates and fats to maintain healthy hair and scalp care.
- Regularly oil your hair with coconut or almond oil. Wash it with a natural shampoo.
- Massage your scalp regularly with oil; it improves circulation in the scalp and prevents dry and flaky scalp.
- Mix lime juice and gooseberry juice apply it on the scalp with your finger tips and massage it for 10 to 15 minutes. Wash it gently with warm water and let the hair and scalp dry.
- Grind the soaked fenugreek seeds till the paste is formed. Apply it all over the scalp, after 20 minutes wash it with warm water. It helps in relieving dry and flaky scalp.