Moles are a cluster of pigmented cells which are dark brown in color and often found on the face, arms and legs. Most moles are flat with a regular shape but occasionally may be raised and are soft to touch.
Mole Removal at Home
Moles can often be confused with freckles which are found in fair skinned individuals and occur as a result of sun burn.
Mole Removal Home Remedy
Here are some simple home remedies that can be beneficial in the management of moles,
- Local application of flaxseed oil on the mole along with small quantity of raw honey has been found to be effective in the removal of moles.
- Freshly squeezed garlic juice is considered to be beneficial. Apply fresh garlic juice or squeezed garlic on the mole using a bandage over the affected area.
- Avoid exposure to the sun, especially during the peak hours between 10 am to 4 pm. Overexposure to the sun is considered to be one of the major cause of development of moles and it is crucial to prevent undue exposure to the sun, especially while treating the condition.
Flat Mole Removal Home Remedy
- Local application of freshly cut pineapple on the affected area, several times during the day is considered to hasten the process of mole removal
- Local application of fig stem juice can aid in removal of moles
- Potassium is considered to be beneficial in the treatment of moles. Consumption of fruits namely apples, grapes, banana, avocado, etc is considered beneficial. Vegetables like Potatoes, kidney beans, tomatoes and spinach are also rich in potassium.
Raised Mole Removal Home Remedy
In order to remove raised moles certain specific home remedies and techniques need to be used,
- Massage the affected area with coconut or castor oil. This would soften the mole and also help in reducing itching.
- Local application of grape fruit extract on the affected area can help in mole removal. Alternatively crush Vitamin C tablets and apply them over the area using adhesive bandage. Grapes are rich in vitamin C, which in turn helps the removal of moles
- Local application to tea tree oil is considered to be beneficial, especially if the mole is a consequence of a bacterial or fungal infection. Tea tree oil poses strong anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties