Skin tags on groin are an excess growth of skin on either or both side of the groin. Though skin tags are harmless, they are embarrassing for men and women, especially if they are sexually active. This is because the other partner may mistakenly think it to be of venereal origin.
Skin tags on groin are tiny extended skin tissues. They are loose hanging tissues with the base attached to the groin skin. They are soft and benign, that means they are not cancerous.
Skin tags mostly appear on the groin, neck, armpits, face, eyelids and under the breast. In medical terms skin tags are called acrochordons. Generally skin tags on the groin appear on the groin folds. Groin skin tags can appear at any age, but they are more common after thirties.
Skin tags are known to occur due to constant friction of the skin, they are commonly seen in groin folds, in the armpits or under the breast.
Symptoms Of Skin Tags On Groin Area
- These tags are soft and appear wrinkled.
- They can be very tiny, or the size of grape. Normally the stalk that is attached to the underlying skin of the groin is well identified.
- The stalk is narrow.
- If the skin tag on the groin is twisted, it can turn black or dark red.
- Due to constant friction, skin tags on groin can become irritated and bleed, if it is caught on the undergarment.
- It can also become painful if irritated due to friction of the skin and clothes.
- If skin tags are present on the scrotum or the penis, they may interfere in your sexual life, due to irritation. The same is true for a woman who has skin tags on groin region.
- Skin tags on groin folds can bleed when the skin rubs against the skin.
Groin Skin Tags Removal Home Remedies
Many people prefer to remove the skin tags when they are in abundance, or if they are irritating or embarrassing them. Some remove for practical purpose others prefer it to be removed due to its cosmetic significance. In either case there are different ways to remove skin tags.
The conventional method of its removal is cutting the skin tags with surgical scissors. Cryothereapy is another way to remove the groin skin tags. The growth is freezed with liquid nitrogen that kills the cells. Groin skin tags are also removed with laser therapy. All these procedures require physician’s intervention and some of the procedures are costly.
There are people who prefer trying home methods to remove the skin tags, such as,
- Tying the base of the groin skin tag with a thread or a dental floss. It cuts the blood supply to the skin tag, which make the skin tag dry and fall eventually.
- Apply apple cider vinegar three times over the skin tag. After few weeks the tags will fall off.
- You can also apply tea tree oil. It helps to shrivel the skin tags in a gentle way.
- Apply a mixture of baking soda and castor oil twice in a day for two weeks. Groin skin tags slowly falls off.