Various naturopaths suggest the use of apple cider vinegar for the management of sore throat, especially cause due to bacterial infection. While apple cider vinegar should not be considered as a replacement for prescribed medications, this medicine often provides additional relief. Here are some tips on how to use apple cider vinegar for management of sore throat.
Apple cider vinegar has acidic properties, which in turn is considered to have strong anti-bacterial and anti-septic abilities which make it very useful for the treatment of sore throat. In addition vinegar has a soothing effect on the throat, as it helps reduce congestion and irritation of the throat by alleviating inflammation. Vinegar is also considered very vital for the management of stitching pain and hoarseness of throat.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar For Soothing A Sore Throat
Here are some simple tips on how to use apple cider vinegar for soreness in the throat,
- Some experts suggest to simply dabbing your pillow-covers with a few drops of apple cider vinegar, before you go to bed.
- Experts also suggest consuming apple cider vinegar along with honey. Honey combines its action along with apple cider vinegar and helps reduce congestion by coating the throat and reducing rawness and irritation.
- While some experts suggest consuming apple cider vinegar raw, it may not be possible due to its pungent odor and tart taste. Hence some suggest diluting apple cider vinegar in warm water and consuming it quickly. This is considered not only to relive soreness of throat but also helps treat cough and other systemic symptoms like fever and malaise.
- Some experts suggest that for a stronger and lasting effect, gargling with solution of apple cider vinegar has been found to be very beneficial. Note that while using apple cider vinegar for gargling; ensure that the dilution with water is not more than 1:2. One can gargle about once or twice every hour for quick results; however experts suggest that it is important to rinse the mouth thoroughly after a gargle using apple cider vinegar solution.
Benefits Of Apple Cider Vinegar For Sore Throat Remedy
Apple cider vinegar has been traditionally used for the natural treatment of sore throat. While it is considered to have profound benefits, here are some of the facts associated with the use of apple cider vinegar for sore throat,
- Apple cider vinegar contains a host of nutrients including calcium, iron, pectin and potassium. Most of these nutrients are considered to be vital in hastening recovery, especially after flu like symptoms.
- Vinegar is considered to have the ability to fight infections naturally, as it is high in acidic content. This acidic content helps fight several bacterial infections.
- Apple cider vinegar also has a strong anti-inflammatory effect, which makes it useful in reducing pain and irritation. Consuming apple cider vinegar several times with warm water can help treat sore throat quickly.