For many people, spring season is the most favorite of all seasons, when the trees start to blossom and pollens are spread everywhere. But for few others, spring season may turn out to be a bothersome issue, they anticipate bout of sneezing and cold with itchy eyes. These are commonly encountered spring allergy symptoms brought about by pollens, in those who have pollen allergy.
Symptoms Of Spring Allergy
An allergy is body’s immune response to substances which are generally harmless. Unfortunately, people having allergy to specific substance (in this case pollens), their body considers them to be harmful releasing histamines giving rise to various allergy symptoms.
Pollens are very light and airborne; they spread all over the grass, trees, weeds and they also come in contact with a person’s nose.
Rhinitis commonly known as hay fever is one of the most common spring allergy symptom which consists of;
- Watery eyes
- Running nose.
- Mild fever.
- Itching in the nose.
- Dark circle under the eyes with swelling of eye lids.
Besides this a person having spring allergy can suffer from asthma, cough, fatigue, and restlessness.
Sinusitis is another common spring allergy symptom.
The best way to prevent spring allergies symptoms is to cover your face with mask that prevents inhaling pollens and other allergens present in environment.
Do not dry your clothes outside during spring season when the pollen count is generally high. They may get attached to your clothes.
Stay away from cutting grass if you are allergic to pollens.
Home Remedies For Spring Allergy
It is said that prevention is the best cure, however after taking all the precautions such as wearing a mask, staying away from grass cutting etc, if you suffer from spring allergy symptoms here are some home remedies:
- Take plenty of vitamin C in natural form such as drinking orange juice or lemon juice and vegetable juices. This helps to boost your immune system and control your running nose and sneezing.
- Drink plenty of water, it keeps the mucus thin.
- Put 2 to 3 drops of saline solutions in your nose, it will remove any nasal irritants and keep the nasal passage free for you to breathe smoothly.
- Do not smoke or stay in no smoking environment. Tobacco is known to cause respiratory allergies.
- Drink a glass of lime juice with dissolving one teaspoon of honey in warm water. it helps to flush away the body toxins.