Living a Life Free from Stress
Stress factors are everywhere – in school, at work, at home, among people, etc. Stress could be internal or external. It could affect the well-being of the patient. It can also affect many aspects of the patient’s life – mental, spiritual, emotional, and physical. In fact, the following parts of the body are directly or indirectly affected by stress:
- Brain, nerves, and the central nervous system
- Muscles and joints
- Reproductive organs
It may be difficult to stay away from stress so that the person could become bothered by it. In fact, a lot of people are constantly fatigued and disillusioned because of the many stress factors that affect their lives.
Home Remedies to Treat Stress
There are a number of home remedies that can be used to help ease problems related with stress. Some of these are relaxing tonics and teas that can help calm a person’s nerves and help restore balance to the stressed out mind. Here are some natural cures for stress:
- Sage leaves are good for relieving stress and for easing some of the pressures brought about by stress. Simply make some sage tea by steeping a few leaves of this herb in 1 cup boiling water. Add some honey for sweetness. Drink this.
- Make a paste that will help cool the head and relieve some of the stress from the brain. Mix together ground, dry ginger with a little bit of milk. Put this paste on the forehead and leave on for a few minutes. Inhaling the scent of the ginger and the cooling effect of the paste on the forehead will relieve the individual of some of the stress he/she is feeling.
- Tea that is made with holy basil leaves is also a good way to help get rid of stress. Just boil 25 leaves of the herb in about half a liter of clean water. Strain this and drink warm. Add honey for sweetness, if preferred.
- Put soothing balm on the neck and shoulders, especially if they are stiff. Massage these areas gently.
- Better yet, enjoy a full body massage with aromatic oils. This will calm the body and mind.
Learn to relax. Listen to a soothing music CD and sit on the couch. Do not think about problems or anything until the CD is finished.