Since centuries, people have used plants as medicine to treat ailments and promote health. Aloe vera does not need an introduction; it has been used for at least 4000 years for its medicinal value and therapeutic benefits. Today it is widely used and cultivated in many countries throughout the world. Aloe Vera for sunburn is one of the most effective remedies nature has gifted us.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Sunburn
You can use fresh aloe Vera extract from the cut plant if it is available or alternately you can use the readymade gel available in the stores.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
The plant extract can be used in the gel form or it can be used as a juice.
Besides sunburn, aloe Vera is beneficial in many other conditions such as:
- The juice has the properties of reducing cholesterol content in the blood.
- It contains salicylic acid and magnesium which work together to produce an aspirin like analgesic and anti inflammatory effect. This quality of aloe Vera is used for treating arthritis pain.
- It is used in cosmetics and facial products because it helps to balance the pH of the skin.
- Aloe juice helps to improve digestion.
- Aloe vera juice is also used to treat constipation.
- The mucopolysaccharides found in the aloe plant are known to stimulate the immune system. It is helpful in those suffering from cancer.
- It is also useful in healing the radiation burns in patients suffering from cancer.
- It keeps the skin well hydrated.
- The anti viral activity of aloe vera is useful in enhancing the effect of other medicines in fighting HIV and AIDS.