Sun burn occurs when your skin gets over-exposed to the sun’s harmful UV rays. Melanin is a protective pigment that shields your skin from the ultraviolet radiations, and also gives the skin its color. Sun burn may become apparent as: excessive redness, inflammation, itching, blistering, peeling, fever, and chills.
Home Remedy For Sunburn On Face
- The first and foremost thing that one should do is spend 15 minutes under cool water after extreme sun exposure.
- Applying aloe gel over the exposed part of the body will afford immense relief. It has a soothing and anti inflammatory effect, that relives most symptoms of sun burn.
- Cucumber has also been proved significantly effective in the management of sun burns. Grate a cucumber and place the cucumber shreds over the affected areas. Leave on for half an hour. Rinse off.
- Add 10 drops of rose water to a tumbler full of ice cold water. Dab on to your face using a cotton swab.
- Prepare milk and water solution using equal quantities of both, dip a muslin cloth in the solution and dab all over your face. Leave for half an hour and then rinse off.
- Add 2 spoons of oatmeal to a bowl of water and make a paste. Apply over the face for quick relief.
Natural Cure For Sunburn Redness And Pain
- Apply apple cider vinegar to the affected part. This checks pain and blistering associated with sunburn.
- Dissolve some baking soda in water and make a compress. Apply the compress to the inflamed area; it keeps the skin cool and pain free.
- Aloe vera is the most remarkable home remedy for sun burn. Ideally, use the freshly expressed gel from an aloe vera plant. Apply the gel all over the burnt area. The gel instantaneously cools and soothes the pain.
- Essential oils such as sandalwood, lavender and chamomile treat pain linked to sun burn successfully. Add about 20 drops one of these essential oils to the bath tub and soak for 20 minutes.
- Applying milk with the help of a cotton swab over the affected area of the skin affords significant relief.
- Lavender essential oil also soothes the skin. Mix 5 drops of lavender essential oil with 10 ml of wheat germ oil. Apply all over your skin. It reduces the inflammation and redness considerably. The essential can be added to your bath as well.
- Soak a cotton cloth in a bucket of water to which some drops of vinegar are added, and place on the sun burnt parts. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes.
Read more about sunburn home treatments…………..
Sunburn Natural Remedies
When you have sunburn, one of the things you will look for is relief from the pain of the burns and the rawness of your skin once the blisters pop. Some of the home remedies people use when they have sunburn often includes soothing and healing herbs and ingredients that can be easily found in your garden or in your kitchen. Here are some examples:
- Mix together a cup of plain yogurt, some turmeric, and some barley. Smear this mixture on the burnt area to get some relief from sunburn sting.
- For sunburns on your face, you should mix together a couple of tablespoons of pure tomato juice and four tablespoons of buttermilk. Apply this thick liquid on your sunburnt face and leave this on for a half hour like a facial mask. This will help soothe the burns on your face. Rinse off carefully with some clean cool water.